Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Recap Remix (pt 1)

Long overdue on an update here! Since the last time I posted, I've sold my mini wallets and moved on to a new 3-pocket style wallet which I will post in part 2 of my Recap Remix...But first, here are some pictures featuring the items I created for the Brewery Art Walk I participated in this past April.




The Brewery Art Walk is a two day semi-annual art walk that takes place in the Brewery Artist Lofts right on the border of the Los Angeles neighborhoods of Chinatown and Lincoln Heights. As a member of this community I was able to participate in the most recent art walk this past April 26&27. It was a great event with a huge turnout and a positive response from those who came out. I created some one of a kind wearable pieces using found and salvaged denim, along with my vinyl wallets.

As an advantage of living in an artist's community, I discovered an innovative way to create hang tags using Lumi inkodye, which you see in the last picture above.


No comments: