Saturday, July 28, 2012

Re:Up Handmade

I started making and selling these mini wallets as a way to use excess fabric/clothing/whatever I had or didn't know what to do with. They made their debut at a one day pop-up shopping event I helped to put on called Winter Local, held at the Chicago Artists' Coalition back in December. Since then, I've launched an etsy shop (which I am building up my stock and working on developing new accessories for) named Re:Up Handmade Goods, as the materials I use are reclaimed or upcycled. The name also is a small homage to a certain rap duo that I like. Can anyone guess who?

My wallets are also being sold at Green Grocer in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago.

(the assembly line)

Re:Up Handmade helped to motivate me to start really working towards my goal of creating a small apparel and accessories line of items geared towards sustainability, streamlined function, and unique + understated design. They're perfect for holding the essentials: credit card, transit pass, business cards, and several folded up bills.

I'll be updating more about Re:Up when I've got new items to share. Until then, here are some unedited shots!









No comments: